This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
This is a dessert for breakfast kind of situation–a Blueberry Banana Smoothie that tastes like cheesecake! It’s colourful, fruity, creamy and a little bit tangy plus it’s packed with plant protein, antioxidants and healthy fats. It’s a nourishing breakfast to power you through your day and also makes a wonderful post workout smoothie to refuel. This is a smoothie with frozen blueberries, raw cashews, rolled oats, banana and a little squeeze of lemon juice. It’s the best blueberry banana smoothie because it really does taste like cheesecake. Trust me when I say this is the best blueberry banana smoothie.
The Blueberry Banana Smoothie is not only vegan but also gluten free, ready in 5-10 minutes (or less) and only calls for 8 simple ingredients.
How to Make a Blueberry Banana Smoothie
To make a blueberry banana smoothie, no prep in advance is required unless you’d like to soak your raw cashews. This is a great step for blenders that could use a little extra help, and to do this you just want to let your raw cashews sit in distilled water overnight until soft. Cashew butter makes an excellent fuss-free alternative and if you are using a high speed blender, you can skip the soaking too.
- When ready to enjoy your vegan blueberry smoothie, simple add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Add more or less plant milk to blend for desired texture results.
Cashew Butter vs. Raw Cashews
- If using cashew butter, there is less prep involved as you’re going to add it straight to the smoothie! It’s convenient and can be more cost effective as well. While it does add creaminess to the smoothie, I find that for a cheesecake flavour, raw whole cashews are a better option.
- Using raw whole cashews is the secret to most cashew based vegan cheesecake recipes. For whatever reason, when soaked cashews are blended with something sweet and a touch of lemon, it really does prouce a cheesecake-y result. As such, raw soaked cashews are the optimal choice, but you can really use what’s available to you.
Where to Find Vanilla Bean Paste
Vanilla bean paste can be a little trickier to find so I recommend looking online or checking a gourmet store. Using vanilla bean paste really helps to add to the cheesecake flavour and really gives it that dessert vibe. Vanilla extract can be used in place, but I am partial to the flavour that vanilla bean paste adds. Use whatever you have available to you, but please don’t skip the vanilla if you’re wanting that true cheesecake feeling.
More Creamy Vegan Smoothie Recipes
- Vanilla Mint Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Creamsicle Smoothie
- Healthy Shamrock Shake
- Red Velvet Smoothie
- Spiced Persimmon Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Blue Spirulina Smoothie
Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- 3/4-1 cup wild frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 2 tbsp cashew butter or 1/3 cup raw cashews soaked*
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats optional
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 serving vanilla plant protein
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- plant milk to blend
- 2-3 tbsp vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- granola fresh fruit, toppings of choice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth, adjusting plant milk to achieve desired texture. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.