Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free)
This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Vibrant Vanilla Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl!
Try this delicious Vanilla Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl next time you’re in need of a quick breakfast that looks like it took way longer to make than it did 😉 It’s an ode to classic mint chocolate chip ice cream, made from plants and nourishing ingredients to fuel your day! You get your plant protein, greens, healthy fat and fruit all in one delicious bowl, plus toppings of choice. Not into smoothie bowls? You can make this a sippable smoothie too!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free. I’ll provide substitutions for any missing ingredients in the recipe card, and you can always refer to this smoothie bowl guide for tips to take your bowl to the next level.
what’s in this Vanilla Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl?
- Frozen spinach
- Fresh mint leaves
- Vanilla bean
- Cashew butter
- Mylk of choice
- Vanilla plant protein (optional)
- Cacao nibs
secrets to a successful smoothie bowl
To make the best smoothie bowl texture, I highly recommend using frozen ingredients. It adds to the thickness, and is key to getting a texture that is spoonable and will hold up toppings. Check out my smoothie bowl guide for additional tips to perfect texture.
Additionally, I’d recommend using a high power blender like a Vitamix, but if you don’t have one, a food processor typically works well too. If using a Vitamix, a tamper is the best way to help ingredients blend without adding too much liquid.
The general rule is to start with a little liquid as possible, and add more only as needed. You can always add more, but once you add too much, yuo can’t go back! Pausing in between blending to scrape down sides helps as well.
if you like this recipe, try…
- Cookie Monster Smoothie Bowl
- Banana-Free Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- Peach Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Neapolitan Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
If you try this recipe out, tag me on Instagram @veggiekins so I can see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I love when you share your reviews in the comments below, and if you make any fun substitutions, let me know how it worked out below too.
Vanilla Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free)
- 1 frozen banana make sure it's super ripe!
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach*
- fresh mint leaves to taste I usually use about 3-4, you can also use peppermint extract
- 1/3-1/2 cup non-dairy milk add more as needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 vanilla bean scraped
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 serving vanilla plant protein**
- Add all ingredients to blender, except for chocolate chips and cacao nibs. Blend and use a tamper to help ingredients blend, pausing and scraping down sides of blender as needed. If necessary, add additional non-dairy milk in 1/4 cup increments, until a thick, smooth texture is achieved. If you're going for a sip-able smoothie texture, add as much additional liquid as desired.
- Add cacao nibs or chocolate chips to blender and pulse to incorporate. Avoid blending completely so that some of the texture is retained. Alternatively, stir in cacao nibs or chocolate chips without blending at all, or just top your smoothie bowl with them.
- Finally, add any extra toppings as desired and enjoy!
**I like to add this for flavour and also extra creamy/thick texture.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
pin it for later!
This post may contain affiliate links.