This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
This is a flavourful, lightly spiced smoothie with a gorgeous orange colour–a Spiced Persimmon Smoothie! It features lots of warming fall flavours but can be made year round as the recipe calls for frozen persimmon and pumpkin purée! 7 Ingredients, 5 minutes and you have yourself a delicious spiced persimmon smoothie that can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack or post workout sip. It’s raw, vegan, gluten free, nut free and high in protein.
How to Make a Persimmon Smoothie
To make this Persimmon Smoothie, we’re using frozen persimmon. While persimmon isn’t in season year round, you can save ripe persimmon chunks and store in the freezer to enjoy year round, like you would with summer berries. Pumpkin purée adds extra richness to this easy persimmon smoothie and a nice dose of betacarotene, and warming spices add depth of flavour.
- Prepare persimmons by chopping (and peeling if desired), then storing in an airtight container in the freezer.
- To assemble your persimmon pumpkin smoothie, blend frozen persimmon, pumpkin purée, pear chunks (if using), plant protein, spices of choice and plant milk as needed. You can scrape down the sides of the blender unit with a spatula to help it blend. For a thinner texture, add as much plant milk as you’d like! It’ll be much easier to blend too.
- Blend until desired texture is achieved and enjoy!
What is a Persimmon
Persimmons, also called sharon fruit, has a sweet honey-like flavour when ripe. The 2 most popular varities are fuyu and hachiya (I prefer fuyu personally) and they are loaded with nutrients. Persimmons are rich in fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, potassium and more. They have been linked to improved heart health and healthy inflammation, and they are absolutely delicious! To make this easy persimmon smoothie, just be sure to enjoy once super ripe, as the flavour can be quite astringent when unripe and won’t blend well.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Purée
Pumpkins, like persimmon, is rich in fiber, vitamin A and beta carotene! It has been linked to increased immune system support and healthy skin. Canned pumpkin purée is a great way to enjoy pumpkin year round, and the only ingredient should be pumpkin. It’s one of my favourite convenient health foods that lasts forever in the pantry.
To make your own pumpkin purée at home, you can simply steam or roast a pumpkin and then purée until smooth!
More Healthy Vegan Smoothie Recipes
- Red Velvet Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- Almond Joy Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Pitaya Smoothie with Protein
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie (For Love and Lemons)
Spiced Persimmon Smoothie
- 1-2 fuyu persimmons super ripe and frozen in chunks
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or chai spice blend!
- plant milk of choice to blend
- handful ice cubes to thicken
- 1 pear chopped
- vanilla plant protein
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth, adjusting plant milk to achieve desired texture. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.