A healthy vegan matcha frappé, made with whole food plant based ingredients, no refined sugars and a sneaky serving of veggies.
- 1 cup frozen non-dairy milk ice cubes (do this beforehand)*
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder (I like this brand of matcha)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean pod, scraped
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup, one date, or one frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup cubed frozen zucchini
- vegan rice whip or coconut whip to serve
- Prepare your matcha by whisking together matcha powder and hot water until no clumps remain. This will help to rid of any clumps in your drink once blended.
- In a high power blender, add ice cubes, frozen zucchini (if using), non-dairy milk, whisked matcha, vanilla and sweetener of choice. Blend until chunks are broken down and you are left with an even texture. If you’d like to thin out your drink, you can add additional non-dairy milk to blend. I recommend using a tamper to help break down any finicky ice chunks.
- Taste and adjust by adding additional sweetener if desired. Serve with vegan whipped rice cream or coconut cream.
Pre-freeze non-dairy milk of choice in an ice cube tray. This will result in a creamier drink that will not water down as much as it melts.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: blending
Keywords: matcha, vegan matcha frappe, starbucks, dairy free, vegan frappucino