An easy recipe for homemade vegan matcha bubble tea. Naturally gluten-free, a little better for you and just as delicious.
- In a saucepan bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add dry tapioca pearls and continue to boil on low heat for about 5-8 min, or according to package directions. Make sure you stir occasionally so the tapioca pearls don’t stick together. You’ll know when the tapioca is ready when it becomes a translucent black. You can also try one pearl to make sure it’s cooked through.
- While this is cooking, prepare your matcha. Whisk with a splash of hot water until smooth with no clumps remaining. Make this quite strong as you’ll be adding vegan milk later on.
- Once tapioca pearls are cooked through, remove from heat and strain. Transfer to a bowl and cover with just enough water so it doesn’t dry out, and add 2 tablespoons of sweetener.
- To assemble, strain and divide the cooked tapioca between 2 cups. Add ice if desired, pour whisked matcha into each glass, and finish with non-dairy milk.
- Add additional sweetener as needed, and enjoy! Don’t forget to use a re-usable metal bubble tea straw 🙂
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10