This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Birthday Cake Bubble Tea (vegan, gluten free)
- 1/2 cup dry tapioca pearls amazon sells many
- 3 cups of water
- 2-3 tablespoons liquid sweetener of choice any liquid like coconut nectar, maple syrup or other
- 2 cups of vegan milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegan whipped cream
- vegan sprinkles I used these naturally coloured ones
- vegan vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add dry tapioca pearls and continue to boil on low heat for about 5 min, or according to package directions. Make sure you stir occasionally so the tapioca pearls don’t stick together. You’ll know when the tapioca is ready when it becomes a translucent black. You can also try one pearl to make sure it’s cooked through.
- While this is cooking, prepare your birthday cake milk. Combine milk, vanilla extract and sweetener (and a few spoonfuls of vegan ice cream if using). You can either whisk or blend to combine.
- Once tapioca pearls are cooked through, remove from heat and strain. Transfer to a bowl and cover with just enough water so it doesn’t dry out, and add 2 tablespoons of sweetener.
- To assemble, strain and divide the cooked tapioca between 2 cups. Add ice if desired, pour birthday cake milk into each glass, and top with vegan whip and sprinkles if desired.
- Add additional sweetener as needed, and enjoy! Don’t forget to use a re-usable metal bubble tea straw
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.