This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Not only are these Matcha Latte Gummy Bears totally adorable, sweet, and chewy, they’re also vegan and gluten-free thanks to plant-based milk and agar-agar powder!
Ingredients for Vegan Matcha Latte Gummy Bears
You only need five ingredients to make these fun matcha gummies, plus water and salt:
- Plant milk. you can use almond, soy, oat, or any vegan milk you’d like.
- Agar agar. This is a vegan ingredient to replace gelatin. It helps these gummies come together and hold their shape.
- Maple syrup. You can also sweeten with agave if you like.
- Matcha. Choose a matcha powder that you love! This is my favorite.
- Vanilla extract for a hint of warming flavor in the latte bears.
How to Make Matcha Gummy Bears
To make these gummies, you’ll need a small saucepan, gummy bear molds, a pipette, and a wire whisk to stir.
Next, sift the matcha powder with hot water whisk until fully incorporated, as if you were making a latte. Add the matcha mixture to the saucepan and whisk again to combine.
Now, use a pipette to fill the gummy bear mold with the liquid mixture. You’ll need to work quickly! Tap the mold on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles. Pop them in the fridge for just 15 minutes, then remove, and you’ll have the cutest matcha latte gummy bears!
Making Two-Toned Gummies
If you’d like to make two-toned gummy bears (milk and matcha), simply divide your milk mixture in half and only add matcha to half of the mixture.
More Matcha Recipes
- Matcha Butter Mochi Cake (vegan, no eggs)
- Vegan Matcha Coquito (dairy free, non-alcoholic)
- Matcha Jelly Drink (vegan, gluten free)
If you make these Matcha Latte Gummy Bears, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
Matcha Latte Gummy Bears (vegan, gluten free)
- 1 cup plant milk
- 2.5 tbsp agar agar powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup*
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine plant milk, agar powder, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until you achieve a low boil. Remove from the heat.
- Once off the heat, sift matcha powder and then whisk matcha powder with hot water until smooth. Pour this into your milk mixture along with vanilla extract and whisk again until smooth. *If you'd like to make two-toned gummy bears (milk and matcha), divide your milk mixture in half and only add matcha to half of the mixture.
- Prepare your gummy bear molds and using a pipette, fill your molds. Be sure to tap out any surface air bubbles as they will be present in your final product!
- Refrigerate your gummy bear molds for about 15 minutes, then pop out of your mold.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.