Make a vibrant vegan blue spirulina smoothie with vanilla, coconut milk, plant-based protein, and banana for a creamy and healthy breakfast! All you need are a few ingredients and a blender to make this protein-packed smoothie.
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp blue spirulina, more as desired
- 3/4 cup frozen coconut milk cubes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 serving vanilla plant protein (optional)
- additional plant milk to blend
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth, adjusting plant milk to achieve desired texture. Enjoy immediately.
- Spirulina Powder: When making this vegan spirulina smoothie, I recommend starting with less spirulina and adding more as desired. You can start with about 1/2 teaspoon, as the colour is quite vibrant, and add more for more colour. If you’d prefer to use green spirulina, feel free to add more, but do be aware the flavour can start to overwhelm the smoothie if you add too much.
- This smoothie is best enjoyed when served immediately. Make and freeze extra coconut milk ice cubes so you can make a smoothie any time!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: breakfast, smoothies
- Method: blending
Keywords: blue spirulina smoothie, breakfast, high protein, gluten free, refined sugar free, raw vegan