This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
This Vegan Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl is a game-changer–it tastes like dessert for breakfast, and it’s gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free with a nut free option. This is a breakfast that tastes like a treat, but will have you feeling great all morning long.
How to Make Vegan Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowls
This smoothie bowl looks impressive but is just as easy to whip up like any other breakfast smoothie. Start by making the cookie dough topping. You can make this using my totally raw vegan cookie dough recipe or a chickpea cookie dough recipe that uses canned or cooked garbanzos.
Raw Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
To make raw cookie dough to top your smoothie, you’ll use a base of raw cashews or you can use rolled oats. The sweetness and chewy texture comes from medjool dates and a bit of vanilla extract. And for the chocolate chips, you can opt to use raw cacao nibs or mini vegan chocolate chips.
Blue Majik Smoothie bowl
Once your cookie dough is ready, you can blend up the creamy blue smoothie bowl. The bright blue colour comes from Blue Majik Spirulina, which doesn’t add much flavor. To match the rich cookie dough flavour this blue smoothie bowl is made with:
- Frozen bananas for that creamy, thick texture you expect from a spoonable smoothie bowl.
- Frozen plant milk cubes for extra thick texture.
- Cashew butter for richness and buttery feel.
- Vanilla powder or extract to taste more like cookies.
- Mesquite and maca powder which adds a bit of a caramel-like flavour to the smoothie.
- A touch of cinnamon for balance and flavour.
- Vanilla plant protein to boost the nutrition and add nice spoonable texture.
- Your favourite nondairy milk. Just add enough milk to blend the smoothie, and add it a bit at a time. You want this to stay thick.
More Vegan Smoothie Recipes that Taste Like Dessert
Because I’m all about starting your day on a healthy note that tastes indulgent. You’ll love these other vegan smoothie recipes too:
- Black Sesame Smoothie (vegan, gluten free)
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie (Tastes Like Cheesecake!)
- Red Velvet Smoothie (vegan, nut free)
If you try this Vegan Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl, be sure to share it with me by tagging me on Instagram @veggiekins.
Vegan Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Cookie Dough Topping
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews or rolled oats
- 5-6 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3-4 frozen plant milk cubes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp creamy cashew butter
- 1 serving vanilla plant protein
- 1 scoop of blue majik blue spirulina powder
- pinch of mesquite and maca powder enhances almost a caramel-like sweetness
- nondairy milk to blend
- Start by preparing the cookie dough. Add all of the cookie dough ingredients into a food processor except the chocolate chips and pulse to create a crumbly dough. It should stick together when pinched. If needed, add additional cashews or oats, or medjool dates to adjust texture.
- Create the smoothie bowl base by adding all of the smoothie ingredients to the blender. Start with less plant milk and only add more as needed so that you can achieve a thick texture.
- Transfer the smoothie base to a bowl and crumble cookie dough on top along with chocolate chips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.