Matcha Cashew Butter, the perfect spread for toast, pancakes, waffles and more. This recipe is vegan, paleo, keto, sugar free and oil free.
- 2 cups roasted cashews*
- 2–3 tsp ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1/2–1 vanilla bean pod scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- medjool dates or maple syrup to sweeten
- Transfer cashews, matcha powder, vanilla bean scrapings and pinch of salt to a high speed blender and blend on low for about 10 minutes, pausing occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender. Consistency should be creamy, smooth and even throughout.
- To toast cashews, spread on a baking tray and bake for about 10-15 min at 325F. No need to add oil–they are done when lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- If you would like to make a savoury butter, omit the vanilla bean from the recipe.
Keywords: cashew butter, keto, paleo, vegan, gluten free, sugar free, oil free, wfpb, healthy, snacks