Sharing this recipe for a homemade cashew butter with a little bit of extra flavour. Personally, I think dates and maca as a combination really create a caramell-y flavour, so I’m sharing this quick recipe with you below! I was always an almond butter girl, but recently, I’ve been loving cashew butter, especially this variety!
– 2 cups of raw cashews
– 2-3 medjool dates, pitted (soaked in hot water for about 2 hours prior if they aren’t moist) or use date syrup or sweetener of choice
– 1/2 vanilla bean pod
– 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
– 1 tbsp gelatinized maca powder
– 1 tbsp coconut oil (if needed, to help things along)
– if you’d like to roast your cashews prior to making the nut butter, toss them onto a baking sheet and put in the oven at 350F, for about 8 minutes or until very lightly golden. don’t underestimate how quickly they cook/burn!
– transfer your cashews into a food processor or blender and begin to blend into a nut butter. it will take some time and become a powdery consistency at first until the oils break down. keep at it and scrape down the sides as you go.
– add in your maca powder, vanilla bean, dates and salt until completely smooth — making sure the dates are broken down in particular and adjust by adding coconut oil if you really need to thin out the texture. you can also adjust the sweetness, and saltiness here.
share this post:
BY Remy • April 27, 2018
leave a comment
read more —>
Hi there, I’m Remy! Welcome to Veggiekins Blog, home to nourishing vegan + gluten-free recipes and tips to live your best balanced and holistic life. I’m a human on a mission to empower you to be well and be kind to your mind, body and soul with the healing power of plants.
Some brands I’ve had the pleasure of working with…
My first e-book, Morning Light, is out now! You'll learn how to make the most of every morning, maximize your body's natural rhythms, improve your health and become more of a morning person. Plus, 15+ balanced breakfast recipes!