Salted Maca Caramel Cashew Butter (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free)
This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Sharing this recipe for a homemade cashew butter with a little bit of extra flavour. Personally, I think dates and maca as a combination really create a caramell-y flavour, so I’m sharing this quick recipe with you below! I was always an almond butter girl, but recently, I’ve been loving cashew butter, especially this variety!
– 2 cups of raw cashews
– 2-3 medjool dates, pitted (soaked in hot water for about 2 hours prior if they aren’t moist) or use date syrup or sweetener of choice
– 1/2 vanilla bean pod
– 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
– 1 tbsp gelatinized maca powder
– 1 tbsp coconut oil (if needed, to help things along)
– if you’d like to roast your cashews prior to making the nut butter, toss them onto a baking sheet and put in the oven at 350F, for about 8 minutes or until very lightly golden. don’t underestimate how quickly they cook/burn!
– transfer your cashews into a food processor or blender and begin to blend into a nut butter. it will take some time and become a powdery consistency at first until the oils break down. keep at it and scrape down the sides as you go.
– add in your maca powder, vanilla bean, dates and salt until completely smooth — making sure the dates are broken down in particular and adjust by adding coconut oil if you really need to thin out the texture. you can also adjust the sweetness, and saltiness here.