- 15 oz high protein extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup plant milk (unsweetened, unflavoured)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- spray cooking oil (I used avocado oil spray)
Creamy Gochujang Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup warm water
- scallions, for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Start by preparing your tofu. Pat it dry using a kitchen towel and cut it into strips (I cut my tofu block into about 12 sticks total).
- Next prepare 3 shallow and wide bowls or plates. Place the cornstarch in one, the plant milk in the second and in the third, the cornflakes and all remaining seasonings. Use a spatula or spoon to mix together the cornflake mixture.
- To batter your tofu, start by coating it in cornstarch. Next, dip it into the milk and finally, drop it into your cornflake mixture until fully coated. Repeat with all remaining tofu sticks and set aside on a half sheet tray and spritz with spray cooking oil.
- Fry in the airfryer for 8 minutes at 370F or bake in the oven at 375F for 8-10 minutes on one side, flip and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until the tofu fingers are golden brown and crispy.
- Whisk up all of your gochujang sauce ingredients, adding more or less water to adjust the consistency and then garnish your tofu sticks with sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy immediately!