- 1 block extra firm tofu (16–18 ounces)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/3–1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds
- Gently press your tofu with a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. No need to press for long, just pat dry. Slice into 1/4″ inch slices.
- In a pan, fry your tofu slices with sesame oil until lightly golden on both sides.
- In a small bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients then add to the pan. Cook on low heat until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken and the tofu absorbs some of the sauce.
- To serve, garnish with any remaining sauce from the pan, sprinkle with extra toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions. Enjoy hot or cold!
Keywords: Braised Korean Tofu