This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Airfryer Hasselback Tofu
- Airfryer Or use a standard oven
- 16 oz high protein tofu
- 1-2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 stalks green onion white stems removed
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp gochugaru korean red pepper chili flakes
- Pat dry your tofu and remove excess moisture. Slice into pieces about an inch thick.
- Place a slice of tofu on a cutting board, then lay flat with a chopstick on either side. The chopsticks create a buffer while you cut, so the cuts don't go all the way through. Make cuts all the way across the face of the tofu, the closer together, the better. Repeat with remaining tofu.
- Give the cut pieces of tofu a spray with oil, I like to use a spray avocado oil, or brush on to coat. Season with salt then add to an airfryer and fry at 370F for 8-9 minutes, or bake in the oven. The tofu should be golden brown and crisp on the surface.
- To prepare the sauce, whisk together tamari, toasted sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, coconut sugar and gochugaru.
- Cut your green onions into 3 inch pieces, then press them flat and slice lengthwise into very fine strips. Place into a bowl of water with ice and let sit to curl up for a few minutes.
- Serve tofu with rice, sauce to taste and fresh green onion curls for garnish.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.