Easy peasy Sourdough Discard Crackers with lots of crunch and flavour. Don’t let your starter go to waste and make this vegan, gluten free and fiber rich snack instead.
- 3/4 cup gluten free sourdough starter/discard (100% hydration)
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour (additional flour as needed)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- everything bagel seasoning to sprinkle on top, to taste (if using seasoning of choice, use roughly 1/4 tsp of each seasoning, but adjust according to potency of each spice used)
- In a large bowl, mix starter with chickpea flour and nutritional yeast. You can stir seasoning in or sprinkle on top.
- Once a dough like consistency is achieved, let rest for 30 minutes in a covered bowl.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees and begin to prep crackers.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper, or using a pasta maker to make a thin rectangle like shape. If you are brushing with olive oil and adding seasoning on top, do so at this point before slicing into squares.
- Cut into 1.5″x1.5″ squares using a knife or pizza cutter and pop into the oven to bake for 20-30 minutes. They are ready when just lightly golden brown on the edges–don’t over bake as they can easily burn!
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Use your best judgment and add additional flour as needed. I used a 100% hydration starter (meaning equal parts water to flour) however if you are using a different percentage, just add flour as needed. The goal is just to achieve a workable dough, so you can kind of go by feel for the most part!
Keywords: snacks, crackers, sourdough, gluten free, refined sugar free, wfpb, oil free, one bowl