A delicious Creamy Cauliflower Kale Soup made with nourishing, pantry friendly ingredients. Vegan, gluten free, oil free, nut free.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped (roughly 3–4 cups florets)
- 2–3 cups shredded kale
- 10 oz cooked white beans (about 2/3 of a 15oz can)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 head of garlic, roasted (about 3–4 large cloves)
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 1/2 cup plant milk of choice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp spices of choice (I used paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, ground thyme and mushroom powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil cauliflower until fork tender, then strain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan or skillet over medium heat, caramelize onions with a touch of oil or broth, until aromatic and fragrant. Add garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add all remaining ingredients to blender (except shredded kale) and blend until smooth, adding additional veggie broth or water as needed to achieve desired texture. Taste, and adjust seasoning as needed as well. The texture should be pourable and velvety, like a creamy soup.
- Transfer mixture into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once soup is evenly heated, add kale and cook another few minutes, until lightly wilted down and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: blending, boiling
Keywords: soup, blender, cauliflower, kale, beans, high protein, nut free, oil free, dairy free, winter