This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Roasted Zucchini with Beurre Blanc
- baking tray
- frying pan
- small pot
- 2 medium zucchini
- salt kosher
- neutral oil
Vegan Beurre Blanc
- 8 oz white wine dry
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 1 lb vegan butter cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt kosher
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- chives finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 450F while you prepare your zucchini.
Prepare the Zucchini
- Slice each zucchini lengthwise. You should end up with 4 halves. With the cut side face up, lightly score the zucchini on the diagonal one way, then score the other way to create a criss-cross effect. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Generously salt the zucchini halves, face up and let sit face down on a paper towel for about 30 minutes. This will draw out excess moisture. Pat it dry with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture as needed.
- Coat a shallow pan with neutral oil and bring to high heat. Place the zucchini face down in the pan and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer the zucchini to a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. The zucchini should be nice and tender. Remove and set aside.
Prepare the Beurre Blanc
- In a small pot, bring wine, vinegar and minced shallots to a boil. Let simmer until it is reduced to about 1/4 cup in volume, about 5 or so minutes. Season with salt and white pepper and cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add a handful of butter cubes at a time, whisking continuously to emulsify. Continue until all remaining butter pieces have been added. The sauce should be viscous and hollandaise-like (but not too thick!).
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste!
- Place zucchini on a plate and drizzle with a generous amount of beurre blanc. Garnish with thinly sliced chives and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.