This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Mochi Cornbread (Dairy Free)
- Baking Dish 8×8
- 4 oz silken tofu
- 1 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup mochiko
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- pinch salt kosher
- corn kernels optional, for garnish
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F while you prepare your mochi cornbread batter.
- Add all liquid ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth and no clumps remain. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients except for the corn. Add the liquid mixture and stir to combine.
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper or grease liberally, then transfer the batter into the dish. It may need to be gently pat down into the dish evenly with a spatula.
- If desired, top with fresh corn kernels before baking. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.