This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Matcha Granita (3-Ingredients)
- baking dish or sheet tray
- bamboo matcha whisk
- matcha sift
- 2 cups hot water*
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2-3 tsp ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1/4 cup hot water for whisking
- Start by preparing your matcha. Sift matcha through a fine sieve into a bowl and then add 1/4 cup hot, but not boiling water. Use a bamboo matcha whisk to whisk, using back and forth "m" shaped motions. The mixture should be frothy and no clumps should remain.
- Add cane sugar to a bowl or jar, pour matcha over it along with 2 cups hot water. Use a whisk to mix until sugar is dissolved fully.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish or sheet tray (I used a loaf pan) and place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes, until crystals start to form around the edges of the pan.
- Use a fork to scrape the edges and break up any large ice pieces that have formed. Repeat every 30-45 minutes 3-4 times, using a fork to scrape the ice each time. You should end up with a fluffy, broken ice mixture.
- To serve, transfer into bowls or cups and top with desired toppings. I recommend dairy free whipped cream, dairy free condensed milk, fresh fruit and/or mochi.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.