This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Peach Panzanella (vegan, gluten free)
- 300 grams sourdough or rustic bread of choice gluten free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot large, thinly sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes large
- 2 yellow peaches ripe but firm
- plant based parmesan to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil high quality
- 3-4 tbsp strawberry vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic microplaned
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Thinly slice shallots and place in a bowl of water and ice cubes, making sure the shallot is submerged. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and tear bread with your hands into 1-inch size pieces. Toast bread until golden brown and season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients until emulsified and season to taste.
- Cut tomatoes into 1-inch size chunks and thinly slice your peaches. Add both to your mixing bowl along with toasted bread, basil leaves shallots and dressing. Toss gently with your hands to coat and finish with parmesan to taste. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.