This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Gochujang Glazed Carrots
- vegetable peeler
- 2 baking sheets
- parchment paper
- 1 lb medium sized carrots roughly 5-6 carrots
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp gochujang more to taste
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tsp neutral oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Toss your almonds with olive oil and a pinch of salt on a small baking sheet and set aside. Make sure all of the almonds are evenly coated.
- Peel your carrots, leaving the tops of your carrots on, if desired, and set aside.
- Whisk neutral oil, sesame oil, gochujang, maple syrup, tamari and garlic in a bowl until a smooth sauce forms. Coat the carrots in this mixture and place on your second lined baking sheet. Cover with foil.
- Add both pans into the oven, removing the almonds after 10 minutes, or until nicely golden brown. Let the carrots cook for another 10, covered, then remove the foil and let roast for another 5-10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Roughly chop the almonds and serve on top of your roasted carrots.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.