This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
This peanut sauce has been my go to sauce for the last 2 weeks. I’ve grilled my tempeh and tofu in this sauce, dipped spring rolls into it and also made noodle salads tossed in it. It comes together in one bowl and takes 5 minutes or less to make.
It’s full of flavour, but made without oil or refined sugars. I like to make a jar of this sauce at the start of the week and use it to cook through the rest of the week–it goes quickly because it’s so good!
As always, you can adjust this sauce to suit your taste preferences. If you like your peanut sauce on the sweeter side, add some more maple syrup. If you like it saltier/more savoury, add more tamari! Same goes for texture, adjust accordingly with more or less water.
If you’re allergic to peanuts, you can substitute with an alternative nut or seed butter, but taste will vary.
5 Minute Healthy Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp water more as needed
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic roasted or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- optional sesame seeds roasted peanuts to top
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and whisk until smooth and emulsified.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Love & peanuts,