These Chickpea “Tuna” Salad Cucumber Stacks have become an easy go-to bite for me. They require zero cooking, take roughly 10 minutes or less to whip up and make for great on-the-go snacks. It’s essentially a cucumber sandwich, if you will, with a hearty filling of chickpea based “tuna salad”.
- 2–3 large cucumbers
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (roughly 15oz)
- 3–4 tablespoons vegan mayo, hummus, cashew cream or unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt (more as desired)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2–1 stalk celery, finely diced
- handful diced red onion
- dijon mustard, to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- sprinkle of red chili flakes
- fresh dill, to taste
- handful finely diced pickles
- splash of pickle juice
- capers, to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to a bowl with vegan mayo and mash chickpeas until chunky. Add lemon juice, celery, red onion, salt, pepper and any additional fix-ins and stir to combine.
- Slice cucumbers into 1/2″ thick pieces and sandwich about a tablespoon of mixture between 2 pieces. Alternatively, serve in a bowl and enjoy with cucumber slices.
Keywords: no cook, chickpeas, high protein, salad, snack, one bowl