A classic Japanese dish made vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free! This Vegan Zaru soba is incredibly easy to make.
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (I like this brand)
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar of choice (you can use coconut sugar)
- 1–2 tsp vegan fish sauce (I used this brand of vegan fish sauce, but any will do. To make your own, soak a 1 inch x 1 inch piece of dried kombu overnight in 1/4 cup water and then boil it with the soaking water for a few minutes)
- scallions, thinly sliced
- black and white sesame seeds
- thinly sliced nori
- shichimi (japanese 7 spice seasoning)
- Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients together until smooth. Bring to a quick boil, then refrigerate, or add ice to chill. When ready to enjoy, add iced water to sauce to achieve your desired level of flavour/saltiness if needed.
- Boil noodles according to package, strain and rinse with cool water once cooked. Separate into little noodle nests to avoid clumping. You may also place on top of ice to keep cold.
- Add your desired garnish and toppings and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: boiling
Keywords: noodles, japanese, main dishes, lunch, summer, gluten free, vegan, oil free