healthy pumpkin spice granola!
This healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola was inspired by the changing seasons and the inevitable arrival of what I call PSS. That’s pumpkin spice season. It’s when every restaurant releases a pumpkin spice dish, snack brands release a pumpkin spice flavour and even body products and candles become pumpkin spice. I’m all for it and I love eating pumpkins, squash and gourds this time of year–they’re especially delicious when in season.
Last fall, I made my Cinnamon Toast Crunch Granola almost weekly, but since summer weather hit I barely made it. In part, it was my not wanting to turn the oven on and not being in the mood. Something about granola is cozy to me.
Well, it’s that time of year and I was craving granola but I thought, why not put a seasonal twist on it? I had leftover pumpkin from making Tahini Pumpkin Pasta and my Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf, so I knew I had to try to make it granola.
Introducing healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola made with real pumpkin purée and warming spices. Like my other granola recipes, it’s made with good for you ingredients and is a delicious breakfast, topping or snack.
- This healthy pumpkin spice granola is vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free. I’ll provide a nut-free option in the recipe card! It comes together in just about 30 minutes.
- You can sprinkle this granola on top of smoothie bowls, oatmeal and yogurt. Also, it’s delicious on its own or with a little bit of non-dairy mylk, too.
- I like to meal prep a large batch of granola to have ready for a week or two. If you’re making this for a family, I recommend doubling the recipe!
secrets to success
The most important thing I have to note whenever pumpkin purée is involved is this: make sure you’re using purée and not pumpkin pie filling! While pie filling would likely be delicious too, it’s usually pre-sweetened, making it harder to work with.
For best results, I highly recommend using a non-stick baking mat, or parchment paper. Since the recipe is oil free, it makes it a little easier to use a nonstick surface as well.
if you like this recipe, try…
If you try this recipe out, tag me on Instagram @veggiekins so I can see your delicious re-creations and for a chance to be featured! As always, I love when you share your reviews in the comments below, and if you make any fun substitutions, let me know how it worked out below too! Print
This healthy pumpkin spice granola takes only 30 minutes to make! It’s delicious, great for breakfast or a snack, and can be a topping for your oatmeal, smoothies or yogurt. Vegan, gluten-free, oil free, refined sugar free, nut free option and meal-prep friendly.
- Preheat your oven to 325F while you prepare your granola ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, nut or seed butter, vanilla, spices and salt until smooth.
- Next add oats, pumpkin seeds and cashews, and toss with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture onto a baking mat lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through with a spatula. Remove once golden brown and baked through.
- Let cool completely before storing.
Keywords: granola, breakfast, snacks, healthy, gluten free, oil free, nut free, pumpkin
This post may contain affiliate links. 15