Delicious, soft and chewy, fall inspired Pumpkin Spice cookies to satisfy your sweet tooth. Vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, refined sugar free.
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free flour* (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF 1–1 Flour Blend)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon tahini (you can sub for another nut or seed butter, but you want a very smooth/runny butter. Cashew butter has the most neutral flavour, while other nut butters may change the flavour of the cookie)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 2–3 teaspoons pumpkin spice*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together tahini, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and your vanilla extract or powder until smooth
- Sprinkle in pumpkin spice, baking powder and 1 cup of flour
- Using a spatula, mix until well combined, the dough should pull apart from the sides of the bowl but still be quite moist
- Next add in your remaining 1/4 cup flour and mix again until a dough forms
- Before baking, taste the dough (you can do this because it’s vegan, which means there are no ingredients unsafe to eat raw!) to make sure it’s sweet enough and flavourful enough. Add additional sweetener or spice as needed.
- Roll into golf ball sized balls and press down onto a lined baking sheet, leaving about an inch between each cookie (they will rise slightly in the oven)
- Bake for about 9 minutes, and remove from the oven to cool. They should be firm on top, and golden on the bottom, easy to remove from the tray. If they seem soft, don’t worry as they will harden more as they continue to cook while they cool. If you prefer a firmer cookie, bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
*Add more or less of these ingredients to taste.
*You may sub oat flour, but do not use almond flour or coconut flour. High fat flours like almond and coconut will produce a difference in texture, as the tahini is already a significant source of fat. If you choose to use a high fat flour, results will vary.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tahini, pumpkin spice, vegan cookies, oil free vegan, vegan, gluten free
9 Comments on One Bowl Pumpkin Spice Tahini Cookies (vegan, gf, oil free, refined sugar free)