easy 10 minute pumpkin tahini pasta!
This creamy, dreamy 10 minute pumpkin tahini pasta comes together with just 8 ingredients. It’s flavourful, nutritious, high in protein and great for hangry moments when you need something nourishing in a snap. It makes a delicious dinner or lunch, and is a great way to get into a cozy pumpkin mood. There’s no dairy in this recipe, but it’s so creamy, you won’t miss it a bit. The best part is, there’s no blending required to make this vegan sauce–simply mix together, and toss your pasta of choice.
So what’s in this 10 minute pumpkin tahini pasta sauce? We’re using pumpkin and tahini of course, along with garlic, sage, non-dairy mylk and vegan parm or nutritional yeast. The pumpkin has a natural sweetness to it that balances out with nutty flavour of tahini. Garlic and sage add the aromatics to this dish, while vegan parm or nutritonal yeast adds just the right touch of umami.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil free, nut free, refined sugar free and high in protein.
- You can make this in 10 minutes, and it calls for ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- I personally like to use a legume based pasta for the extra protein boost but you can use pasta of choice. Also, don’t feel limited to a spaghetti shaped noodle, use whatever kind of pasta you’d like or even zucchini noodles!
secrets to success
For best results, I recommend making this 10 minute pumpkin tahini pasta just before enjoying. Reason being, it only takes 10 minutes and also we’re using gluten-free, legume based pasta. It tends to absorb sauce and change in texture over time. The sauce is also oil free, and tends not to hold together too well once cold. If you’d like to make it in advance, however, I’d recommend storing sauce and pasta separately. Reheat and adjust texture of the sauce, and then combine with pasta when ready to eat.
If you’d prefer, you can use water instead of a non-dairy milk but I personally prefer mylk. If using mylk, be sure to use an unsweetened original flavour, not a vanilla or sweetened variety. I’ve made that mistake myself before, and let me tell you, it just doesn’t work.
You can use either vegan parmesan, which I used for the photo, but nutritional yeast works just as well as an oil-free option. I like to use the Violife vegan parmesan or Follow Your Heart brand when not using nutritional yeast.
if you like this recipe, try…
If you try this recipe out, tag me on Instagram @veggiekins so I can see your delicious re-creations and for a chance to be featured! As always, I love when you share your reviews in the comments below, and if you make any fun substitutions, let me know how it worked out below too! Print
A creamy 10 minute pumpkin tahini pasta recipe made with only 8 ingredients. Vegan, gluten free, high protein, oil free.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box, and begin to prep your sauce.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée and tahini. Pour into a small sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Once sauce begins to simmer, add garlic or garlic powder and continuously stir.
- Smack sage leaves between your palms, and finely slice into thin ribbons. Add to the sauce and stir.
- Next add vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast flakes and stir to combine.
- Finally add vegan mylk or water in 1/4 cup increments until you’re happy with the thickness of the sauce. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Toss cooked pasta into sauce, and stir to coat. Serve and top with an additional garnish of sage, parmesan or nutritional yeast and salt and pepper. Best enjoyed immediately.
Keywords: pasta, pumpkin, tahini, oil free, gluten free, high protein, main dishes, dinner
This post may contain affiliate links.