This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Vegan fudgesicles are the perfect summertime treat and this healthy, dairy-free spin is made with ripe avocado for added creaminess and nutrition!
How to Make Homemade Fudgesicles
These avocado fudgesicles are so simple to make, and come together in about 10 minutes time (sans freezing!). Simply blend ingredients and let the freezer do its thing.
- Make sure you have ripe avocados that are soft to the touch!
- Blend avocados with cacao powder, melted vegan chocolate, plant milk, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into popsicles moulds to freeze until solid.
This non dairy fudgesicle recipe is also gluten free, nut free, grain free and refined sugar free! To make, you’ll need:
- Ripe avocados. This is the creamy base for our homemade fudgesicles. It’s a nut-free alternative that also adds a healthy source of fat to the recipe!
- Vegan chocolate chips. Any dairy free chocolate will work, we’ll melt this down before blending to add chocolate-y flavour and add to the texture of our avocado fudgesicles.
- Cacao or cocoa powder. Extra chocolate flavour!
- Plant milk. You can use any plant milk you’d like. Opt for an unsweetened one as we will be sweetening to taste with maple syrup, and the melted vegan chocolate does add sweetness as well.
- Maple syrup. To taste!
- Pinch of salt.
Do I Need Popsicle Molds?
I highly recommend a silicone popsicle mould, however you can also use paper cups to make larger pops, and insert a fork or chopstick into the cup in place of a popsicle stick. If you would like to turn this into a scoopable ice cream, I would recommend trying a churner to maintain a softer texture.
How Long Do Vegan Fudgesicles Last?
Store these fudgesicles in the freezer in an airtight container for up to a month! Let soften for a few minutes before enjoying.
More Healthy Vegan Recipes
- Strawberry Beetroot Cashew Smoothie (vegan, dairy free)
- Single Serve Vegan Levain Style Chocolate Chip Cookie (gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free)
- 3-Ingredient Matcha Dusted Chocolate Almonds (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free)
- Caprese Stuffed Avocados (vegan, gluten free, paleo, keto, oil free option)
- Flourless Chocolate Avocado Fudge Cookies (vegan, paleo, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free)
If you make these Vegan Avocado Fudgesicles, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
*Avocado Fudgesicles (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free)
- 1 1/2 large avocados super ripe, roughly 1 cup mashed
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups plant milk room temp
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 fresh vanilla bean or 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt to taste
- optional add-ins
- pinch of cinnamon
- instant coffee to taste
- Start by melting vegan chocolate chips using the bain marie method or microwaving.
- Add all of your ingredients to a high power blender or food processor, then add melted chocolate and blend until smooth again.
- Taste, and adjust to your liking, adding additional cacao powder or maple syrup as desired. Then pour your mixture into your popsicle molds and insert sticks.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.