Easy baked feta pasta gets a vegan and gluten-free makeover with cherry tomatoes in a savory, garlicy sauce for a fast weeknight dinner.
- 1 package cherry tomatoes (roughly 16oz)
- 1 block Violife vegan feta cheese (roughly 8oz)
- 3–4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed or minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano, or italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8oz gluten free pasta of choice (I used lentil based spirals)
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- lemon zest to taste
- red chili flakes
- other herbs of choice
- Preheat your oven to 400F. In an 8×11″ baking dish, add whole cherry tomatoes and garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- In the center of the dish, add your vegan feta cheese block. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are juicy and ready to burst. Meanwhile, prepare your pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Remove the dish from the oven and using a spoon or spatula, crush the tomatoes and feta and stir to create your sauce base. Toss cooked pasta into the dish along with fresh basil and stir to coat.
Recipe adapted from Jenni Häyrinen. The original recipe calls for dairy-based feta cheese and double the olive oil. Because the vegan feta is coconut oil based, I found that the extra oil is not needed, however feel free to add more as desired. Of course, if you use a different brand of vegan feta, baking time and results will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: pasta, finnish, tiktok, baked pasta, weeknight dinner, 30 minute meals, gluten free, pasta