A simple, vegetable forward soup! This Vegan Minestrone Soup is a great way to enjoy veggies in a quick and easy way. It’s flavourful, hearty and delicious. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free.
- 1 medium yellow onion or 3 small shallots, finely diced
- 1 cup celery finely diced*
- 1 cup carrots finely diced
- 1–2 small potatoes, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed
- 1 bay leaf
- (alternative) 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz diced tomatoes (can use canned or fresh)
- 5 cups veggie broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 15 oz cooked white beans (I used navy beans)
- 2 cups cooked gluten free pasta, al dente
- 3 cups greens like chard, baby kale, spinach, roughly chopped
- diced summer squash
- fresh corn
- fresh parsley
- nutritional yeast
- vegan parmesan
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion, carrots, celery and potato with a splash of oil or veggie broth for 10-12 minutes, until fragrant. Add garlic, basil, oregano, thyme and fennel seed and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add tomato paste and diced tomatoes, and cook for another few minutes. Then add veggie broth and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and bring to a simmer, then let cook, partially covered for about 25 minutes. *If using Instant Pot, pressure cook on high for 6 minutes and release. At this point, season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add cooked beans, cooked pasta (if using) and chopped greens to cook through. Remove bay leaf and enjoy!
- Garnish with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan if desired.
*I recommend dicing veggies into 1/2″ cubes for quicker cooking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: main dishes, soups
- Method: sautéing, simmering
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free, soup, main dishes, pasta, high protein