An easy, homemade hibiscus cherry chia jam, packed with antioxidants and rich in nutrients, with zero added sugars. Whole food plant based, refined sugar free, vegan and raw.
- 2 cups halved sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hibiscus tea*
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- maple syrup to taste
- other berries of choice
- Begin by steeping hibiscus tea in warm water. Combine 1/2-1 tablespoon with 1 cup water and allow to steep for about 10-15 minutes. Strain, and save hibiscus tea.
- In a blender or food processor, add cherries, hibiscus tea, vanilla bean and maple syrup if using. Pulse, and allow for a few chunks to remain, if you’d like. Otherwise, blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a mason jar or other container, add chia seeds and stir. Let sit for about 5 minutes, stir again, and allow to soak for at least an hour for best results.
Keywords: chia jam, cherry chia jam, cherry jam, hibiscus, refined sugar free, healthy jam, no sugar added, sugar free