A chocolate raspberry smoothie bowl made without bananas! A creamy, chocolately breakfast that is vegan, gluten free, whole food plant based and delicious. Packed with sneaky protein, greens and lots of omega-3s.
- 1 cup cubed and frozen zucchini or cauliflower
- handful of ice cubes or frozen non-dairy milk (for a thicker consistency)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or blueberries)
- 1 serving vegan chocolate protein powder (optional, but recommended)
- 2–3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2–1 cup non-dairy milk (more as desired if you prefer a thinner consistency)
- Add all ingredients in a high power blender, and using a tamper, break down. The mixture may seem like it needs more liquid, but give it time to break down. The more liquid added, the thinner the mixture gets. You can always add more liquid, but once you add too much it’s difficult to fix!
- Add toppings of choice!
- You can sub mango or blueberries for a sweeter smoothie bowl
- Using a thicker non-dairy milk like coconut or oat milk will result in a creamier, thicker texture
- Be patient with the smoothie breaking down, the more liquid you add, the thinner the result
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Keywords: smoothie, banana free, vitamix, nice cream, breakfast, protein smoothie, vegan