A healthy and delicious granola recipe that tastes like a peanut butter cup, sweetened with dates! Peanut butter-y goodness with melty chocolate chip clumps and perfectly toasted oats. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free and requires only 7 ingredients to make.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter (aim to use one with no added sugars, oils etc.)
- 3–4 tbsp vegan chocolate chips/chunks (I use these Hu Kitchen oil-free chips)
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 320F while you prepare the granola.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Add rolled oats and peanuts and mix with a spatula until everything is evenly coated. Add chocolate chips for a melty/clumpy result, or reserve to add after baking.
- Transfer mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet or nonstick baking mat and spread out evenly. The more spread out, the more evenly the granola will cook–try to avoid tall stacks of granola mixture as it will result in uneven baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip or toss granola and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until granola is golden brown. Mine was perfectly cooked at about 25 minutes!
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
Keywords: granola, breakfast, healthy breakfast, vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free, cinnamon toast, plant based