This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
This No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake recipe is a dairy free dessert that requires no baking! It’s vegan, gluten-free, unbelievably creamy and full of zesty lime flavour. This recipe is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission! All opinions are my own.
How to Make No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake?
Traditional Key Lime Cheesecake is made with plenty of dairy, using both cheese and butter. This California Avocado version, however, is the perfect way to enjoy the creamy, rich, and zesty flavours we all love without any dairy. It’s 100% vegan, gluten free and requires no baking, as it sets up in the freezer. Once ready to serve, simply thaw and dig in!
For the cheesecake filling, we’re replacing dairy with creamy California Avocados and nuts. Once blended, they create a velvet-y cream you would never know is vegan. For an extra kick, we’re using key limes, which helps brighten up the flavours even more.
Paired with both a crunchy and chewy crust made from dates, oats, and buckwheat, this key lime cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert: it’s decadent yet refreshing and absolutely irresistible!
California Avocado Key Lime Cheesecake Ingredients
Creamy, ripe California Avocados and cashews are truly the star of this vegan cheesecake filling.
We’re also using:
- Key limes for flavour, acidity and zing. When paired with blended cashews, it also yields an incredible cheesecake-like flavour.
- Maple syrup. Our flavour builders
- Vanilla. Either vanilla bean paste or extract will work!
- Salt. Just a pinch, to balance the flavours.
- Medjool dates. For a natural sweetness with caramel flavours.
- Rolled oats. Use gluten free oats if needed.
- Buckwheat groats. You can also substitute this with more oats, or use a nut like pecans or toasted almonds.
- Creamy nut butter. Any will work, I used cashew to keep on theme, but this just helps to bind the crust together.
- Cold, filtered water. Just as needed, to adjust the texture of both the crust and the filling.
- Matcha powder. This is optional, for colour!
What Differentiates California Avocados?
California Avocados are cultivated with uncompromising dedication to quality and freshness, by about 3,000 growers, on approximately 50,000 acres in California. Spanning from San Diego to Monterey, the Golden State’s terroir and coastal climate provide ideal growing conditions to produce these delectable avocados.
The locally grown California Avocados are picked at their peak resulting in fruit that is consistent in taste and texture.
Tip: To ensure you’re enjoying locally grown California Avocados, simply look for California on the label, avaliable from spring through summer.
Using California Avocados To Replace Dairy
Ripe, Fresh California Avocados make the perfect dairy-free base and have a naturally rich, creamy texture. I love substituting California Avocados for dairy because it’s a great fat that also adds nutrition (and a beautiful green colour that is perfect for this key lime cheesecake).
In place of traditional cream cheese or a store bought vegan cream cheese, you can instead use whole plant ingredients! California Avocados have the fats that love you back! Not only that, but it’s the perfect way to put any of your ripe fruit to use.
How to Make Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake
Making this sweet treat requires only 20 minutes of hands-on prep time! You can make one large cheesecake or 2-3 mini cheesecakes, as I did.
Here’s how to put it all together:
- First, start by preparing the crust. Pulse together dates, oats, buckwheat groats (or nuts, if using) and nut butter until a sticky crumble forms. You should be able to press it together between your fingers. If the mixture feels dry, drizzle in about a teaspoon of cold, filtered water and pulse again.
- Press your crust mixture into springform pans and set aside.
- In the blender, add your California Avocados and all remaining filling ingredients, blending until smooth. Adjust to taste as necessary, and then scoop into your pan on top of the crust. Tap lightly to remove any air bubbles.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer and freeze for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, let thaw for 10 minutes in the fridge, gently remove from the pan and enjoy.
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake Ingredient Notes
If you’re not able to find key limes, conventional limes work just as well! Be sure to use fresh juice for best results.
This cheesecake must be stored in the freezer until ready to eat. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. Be sure to let thaw before you serve or slice.
More Delicious Dairy Free Recipes
- Single Serve Vegan Levain Style Chocolate Chip Cookie (gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free)
- Red Velvet Smoothie (vegan, nut free)
- Vegan Honeydew Ice Cream (Vegan Melona Bars)
- Matcha Coquito (dairy free, non-alcoholic)
- High Protein Chocolate Mousse (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free)
If you make this Key Lime Cheesecake recipe, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake (vegan, gluten free)
- Filling Ingredients
- 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 2 tsp ceremonial grade matcha powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Crust Ingredients
- 6-7 large medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp creamy nut butter of choice
- Cold filtered water, as needed
- 2-3 key limes for garnish
- coconut whip or dairy free whipped cream for garnish
- Start by soaking your cashews in filtered water for about two hours or overnight.
- Prepare your crust by pulsing together all crust ingredients excluding water. Pulse until a sticky crumble forms, you should be able to form it between your fingers. If the mixture feels dry, adjust by adding water by the teaspoon, as needed.
- Press crust mixture into springform pans to create an even crust. Set aside.
- Drain your cashews and then add to the blender with all remaining filling ingredients. Using a tamper to help break down the ingredients, blend until completely smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into your pans and then tap down to remove any air bubbles. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon and place in the freezer to set for three hours, or overnight.
- To serve, let thaw for a few minutes then gently remove from the pan and enjoy.
- If you’d like, you can garnish with coconut whipped cream, fresh slices of key lime and zest.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.