- 3–4 honeynut squash, halved
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or liquid aminos, or other gluten free soy sauce sub)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp mirin (optional)
- salt and pepper
- neutral oil
- sesame seeds (black and white)
- green onion
- miso mayo (white miso paste + vegan mayonnaise)
- Preheat oven to 375F while you prepare your squash.
- Slice them in half lengthwise, scoop the seeds out and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Brush, spray or drizzle with a light touch of neutral oil, season with salt and pepper then flip face down onto the tray. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Whisk together coconut aminos, coconut sugar, miso paste, sesame oil and mirin, if using, until smooth. Flip your squash face up and spread a generous amount of glaze on top of each piece.
- Torch your squash until nicely charred or alternatively return to the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, togarashi spice, green onions and miso mayo if desired. Enjoy!