This Tempeh Broccoli and Sweet Potato Hash is a high protein, high veggie hash that can be enjoyed for breakfast, or any time of day. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free.
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium orange sweet potato
- 1 small head broccoli (roughly 2 cups chopped finely)
- 4 oz tempeh, chopped
- 2 tsp liquid aminos, or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1–2 tsp all purpose seasoning of choice (I like the Trader Joe’s Umami Seasoning Blend)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- water or veggie broth
- Chop sweet potato into small cubes. I recommend cutting into smaller pieces for a quicker cooking time, and cutting into somewhat similar sizes as broccoli florets. I usually aim for 1-2 cm cubes, if I can!
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté shallot until fragrant and soft with a splash of oil or veggie broth. Add garlic, sweet potato and broccoli and cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tempeh and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add liquid aminos, garlic powder, seasoning and smoked paprika and stir to evenly distribute seasoning. Lower heat, add 2 tbsp of water or veggie broth and cover with a lid to let steam for a few minutes. Continue sautéing until sweet potato is tender and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Keywords: protein, tempeh, dinner, vegan, gluten free, oil free