This healthy vegan corn chowder is ultra creamy and totally nut-free, made with white beans, fresh or frozen corn and smoked paprika.
- 5 ears sweet corn
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 3/4 can white beans
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1–2 cups oat milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives to garnish
- Sauté onions with a touch of neutral oil until soft and fragrant. Avoid browning!
- Add carrots and garlic and sauté again for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the corn kernels from 4 of your ears of corn, white beans, chili flakes, smoked paprika, a generous pinch of salt and black or white pepper.
- Sauté for another 2-3 minutes then add veggie broth, milk and scrape the cobs of corn to extract any additional juice, then bring the whole mixture to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until about half of the soup is blended or transfer half of your mixture to a blender unit, blend until smooth and pour back into the pot. This is my preferred texture (creamy and slightly chunky) but blend to achieve your desired texture.
- Season to taste and garnish with chives and charred corn kernels. For the charred corn topping, simply torch or grill your corn and sprinkle some atop your soup!