Peanut curry with smoked tofu is a filling vegan and gluten free dinner or lunch recipe with a nutty sauce and plenty of protein.
- neutral oil or vegetable broth to sauté
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 1” piece of ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, grated
- 1–2 thai chili peppers, finely minced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned or thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp red or yellow curry paste
- 2–3 tbsp creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 cups broccoli or cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 8oz extra firm smoked tofu, diced
- fresh cilantro or herbs of choice
- crushed roasted peanuts
- chili flakes, to taste
- Sauté shallot with a touch of neutral oil or veggie broth (if excluding oil) for a few minutes until fragrant. Add ginger, garlic, chili and sliced carrots and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next add curry paste and peanut butter, sautéing again for a few minutes before adding coconut milk to the pan. Stir to dissolve curry paste and bring to a simmer. Add vegetable broth if needed to thin.
- Add broccoli florets to cook for 2-3 minutes, then add coconut aminos, lime juice, chickpeas and tofu. Stir well and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- When ready to serve, enjoy with crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro or herbs of choice an a sprinkle of additional chili flakes.