- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into bite sized florets and stems thinly sliced
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- sprouts or other green of choice (I used pea shoots)
- 1 batch vegan caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- vegan parmesan, homemade or storebought, to garnish
- First prepare a large bowl, and fill it with cold water and a handful of ice cubes. Place clean and prepared broccoli florets into the bowl and submerge. Let sit while you prepare the dressing.
- Prepare romaine hearts by slicing into bite sized pieces and toss into a large mixing bowl. Drain and pat dry broccoli, and add to the romaine bowl.
- Add dressing, and using your hands, massage the dressing into the salad. Toss in sprouts or other delicate green of choice and gently toss again to coat.
- To serve, grate or sprinkle a generous amount of vegan parmesan on top, extra fresh cracked black pepper and a side of fresh lemon wedge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: main dishes, salads
5 Comments on Broccoli Caesar Salad (vegan, gluten free, oil free option)