This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Hormone Healthy Hibiscus Moon Tea!
I regularly sip on this Hibiscus Moon Tea Infusion when I’m in need of something delicious and caffeine free. I’ll sip this herbal remedy regularly, but love to especially enjoy it before my cycle begins as its ingredients are great for supporting hormonal health. It has an earthy flavour, but is mild and lightly fruity thanks to beautiful hibiscus petals. You can enjoy it iced, or hot, and prepare it in batches for convenience as well.
This Hibiscus Moon Tea is made with only 4 simple ingredients and is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
What’s in this Hibiscus Moon Tea?
- Red raspberry leaf → Herbalists believe that red raspberry leaf tea is a uterine tonic. It’s commonly enjoyed by pregnant women and may help to reduce menstrual cramping.
- Nettle → Another well known herb that supports overall hormone health and fertility. It is also micronutrient rich in things like manganese, iron, zinc and more.
- Oatstraw → Contains diuretic properties which is helpful for reducing inflammation, and magnesium which can help to relax the muscles, and menstrual cramping.
- Dried hibiscus petals → Mostly for flavour, and adds a fruity, berry-like taste. In addition, it is enjoyed by many to help promote healthy blood pressure levels.
Secrets to success
I would recommend batch preparing this infusion if you intend to drink it regularly. It’s helpful just to keep the ratio in mind, but measurements do not have to be exact–it’s a forgiving recipe!
My recommended source for these herbs is Mountain Rose Herbs. I regularly purchase from them, and although the initial cost is a bit of an investment, it typically ends up being cheaper to make it at home instead of purchasing a storebought teabag. If you prefer though, you can absolutely purchase a tea with similar ingredients like Healthy Cycle Tea from Traditional Medicinals or Womankind by Pukka Herbs.
If you like this recipe, try…
If you try this recipe out, tag me on Instagram @veggiekins so I can see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I love when you share your reviews in the comments below, and if you make any fun substitutions, let me know how it worked out below too.
Hibiscus Moon Tea (Herbal Menstrual Cycle Tea)
- 1/2 cup red raspberry leaf packed
- 1/2 cup nettle packed
- 1/4 cup oatstraw
- 1/4 cup hibiscus more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and mix thoroughly.
- To enjoy, either steep 2-3 tbsp in hot water and strain, or preferably, let infuse overnight. To infuse, pour boiling filtered water over the herbs, loosely cover with a lid and then strain and enjoy in the morning.
- Add sweetener if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.