A delicious, summery Caprese Pasta Salad ready in 15 minutes or less. Vegan, gluten free refined sugar free with an oil free option.
- 1 serving cooked pasta
- handful cherry tomatoes, roughly 1 cup
- handful fresh basil, roughly 1/4 loose cup chiffonaded
- vegan mozzarella to taste (I used miyokos mozzarella)
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil drizzle
- balsamic vinaigrette to taste
- 2–3 fresh garlic cloves
- To prepare in pasta salad form, toss cooked pasta, halved cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and enough olive oil to lightly coat pasta in a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat then season with salt and pepper to tase. Add balsamic vinaigrette if desired and enjoy.
- If you’d like to serve warm, sauté minced garlic cloves in a splash of olive oil until fragrant. Add tomatoes and allow to cook until slightly softened. You can smash them with the back of your spatula to release some of the tomato juices or leave whole. Add pasta, basil, mozzarella and stir to combine. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste.
I recommend enjoying pasta salad style on the same day. After storing in the fridge, pasta tends to dry out and become a lot firmer in texture.
Keywords: pasta, salad, italian, summer, main dishes, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free, vegan cheese