Meatless Mushroom Shii-Tacos! These delicious mushroom tacos are bursting with flavour. They’re vegan, gluten-free and oil free.
- 1/4 white onion, finely sliced or minced
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 2–3 tsp taco seasoning (I used this taco seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 10 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 150 g tempeh, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- gluten-free tortillas
- vegan sour cream
- pickled red onion
- hot sauce
- Bring a pan to medium heat, and sauté onions until translucent and slightly soft. Add garlic, soy sauce and taco seasoning and paprika and sauté for another 2 minutes or so, until fragrant.
- Add tempeh and mushrooms to the pan and cook down until mushrooms are tender and tempeh is golden brown. If desired, add additional seasoning and either oil or veggie broth as needed so mixture does not burn/stick to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas of choice, then serve tacos and garnish with additional herbs and veggies of choice. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: sautéing
Keywords: tacos, mexican, dinner, high protein, mushrooms, gluten free, oil free