A sweet, salty, smooth and creamy dip or spread. This Miso Sweet Potato Dip is probiotic, nutrient dense and easy to make. Vegan, gluten free, oil free and whole food plant based.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (use chickpea miso or alternative if allergic to soy)
- 1 tablespoon tahini or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1/4 cup water (more as needed)
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger or small knob of freshly grated
- pinch of shichimi seven spice or chili flakes
- sprinkle of nori
- sesame seeds
- thinly sliced radish
- sesame oil for additional flavour
- Begin by roasting your sweet potato. I prefer using bright orange sweet potatoes as the texture works best for this recipe. Slice potato in half length-wise and place face down onto a lined baking tray or silicone baking mat (no oil required). Bake at 400F for about 30-35 minutes, or until sweet potato is fork tender and slightly caramelizes. Cook time will vary based on potato size.
- In a food processed or blender, add roasted sweet potato flesh, no skin, along with water, miso, tahini or nut/seed butter of choice, ginger and if you like it spicy, a little dash of seven spice or chili flakes.
- Blend until fully smooth, scraping down sides of blender and adding additional water if needed to help blend.
- Best served fresh. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. If mixture thickens in fridge, heat and re-blend before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: spreads and dips
- Method: blending
Keywords: asian, vegan, gluten free, oil free, sweet potato, miso, probiotic, sugar free, whole food plant based, healthy