A delicious, fall inspired twist on candied nuts made healthy. Easy, vegan and free of oil, gluten and refined sugars.
- 1 cup of pecan halves (raw* or toasted)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/4–1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Start by preheating your oven to 315 degrees farenheit.
- Combine your coconut sugar, pumpkin spice and salt in a small bowl and whisk.
- Place pecans in a bowl and add maple syrup and dry ingredients to the bowl.
- Toss pecans using a spatula or your hands until all the nuts are evenly coated in the mixture.
- Transfer the pecans onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and spread evenly so that no nut is overlapping.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then turn nuts over and return to the oven to bake for an additional 5-8 minutes. The glaze on the nuts should start to bubble and caramelize and brown a little bit before you flip them.
- Remove nuts from the oven and allow to cool completely before consuming or storing–ideally an hour at least. Store in an airtight container.
*If using raw pecans, I highly recommend you toast them in the oven for a few minutes before making this recipe as it will result in a better crunch and will store for longer.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin spice, candied nuts, vegan, gluten-free, oil free, healthy, paleo, snack