*this page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
¼ cup raw almonds
¾ cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon, more as you like
1 tsp vanilla extract or half vanilla bean pod
8 medjool dates, pitted
1/3 cup golden raisins
a teaspoon of hot water, if needed
coconut butter to top
1. add your nuts to your food processor or blender and process until it becomes broken down. add cinnamon and pulse a few more times to evenly distribute.
3. add your dates, raisins and vanilla and pulse until mixture begins to pull away from sides of your machine and can easily stick together if you squish the mixture between your fingers. if the mixture is too dry, you can add a little hot water, additional dates or nut butter/coconut oil. if the mixture is too wet, add additional nuts (I recommend almonds which are drier)
4. taste the batter and make sure it is cinnamon-y enough for you. feel free to add additional spices too! nutmeg and clove are great.
5. roll into balls or roll flat into fettucine-like ribbons and roll into cinamon bun shapes
6. drizzle with melted coconut butter + splash of vanilla extract mixed, for that icing look on top
Store on parchment paper as this can get sticky!
share this post:
BY Remy • July 14, 2018
leave a comment
read more —>
Hi there, I’m Remy! Welcome to Veggiekins Blog, home to nourishing vegan + gluten-free recipes and tips to live your best balanced and holistic life. I’m a human on a mission to empower you to be well and be kind to your mind, body and soul with the healing power of plants.
Some brands I’ve had the pleasure of working with…
My first e-book, Morning Light, is out now! You'll learn how to make the most of every morning, maximize your body's natural rhythms, improve your health and become more of a morning person. Plus, 15+ balanced breakfast recipes!
be the first to comment