This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Vegan French Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1 cup carrot finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup french/puy lentils rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 tbsp tomato paste double concentrated
- 1-2 tbsp gochujang paste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Add neutral oil to a pot and sauté carrots and celery for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add onions and a touch of salt and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, fresh thyme, gochujang and tomato paste. Cook down until tomato paste darkens in colour, stirring constantly.
- Add veggie broth, bring to a gentle boil, add bay leaves and lower to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 15-20 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.