This delightful Buckwheat “Rice” Pudding it made without rice but still has a creamy, rice-like texture. It’s vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free, made with only 6 ingredients!
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups light coconut milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small cinnamon stick, or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- maple syrup, or date syrup to taste
- Bring water and buckwheat groats to a simmer in a small sauce pan. Let cook for about 8 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Next add coconut milk, vanilla bean and its pod and cinnamon stick to the saucepan and cook at a low heat for about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally and adjust cook time (just simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed by the buckwheat).
- Finally, add sweetener to taste along with any additional spices and toppings of choice. Enjoy warm or serve chilled!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: desserts, snacks
- Method: simmering
Keywords: dessert, snacks, sweet treats, buckwheat, refined sugar free, vegan, gluten free, oil free