A classic holiday cookie recipe–pillowy peanut butter blossoms with homemade vegan chocolate kisses on top. Made with whole food plant based ingredients and fully vegan, gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare batter.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, quinoa flour baking powder, date sugar and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Add maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix until a dough forms. Allow the dough to sit for a few minutes. If the dough feels too dry, you can add a tablespoon of peanut butter, or non-dairy milk by the teaspoon to help it along (peanut butters can vary in texture/how runny they are).
- Roll dough into small balls, about 1.5 tablespoons in size, and place on a lined baking sheet. Press a chocolate kiss, or square of chocolate into the center of the cookie.
- Bake cookies for about 9 minutes, being careful not to overbake. They may seem underbaked, but they will continue to cook when removed from the oven and it’s important not to overbake if you’d like to preserve the soft chewy texture in the cookie.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: desserts, cookies
- Method: baking
Keywords: peanut butter, peanut butter blossoms, vegan, cookie, holiday cookie, vegan baking, christmas cookie