These vegan and gluten-free raspberry lemon cookies are soft, chewy, and full of zesty, bright flavour from fresh lemon juice and sweetness from frozen berries. An easy, delicious cookie recipe with no dairy, gluten, or eggs!
- 8 tbsp vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (brine from can of chickpeas)
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl, whip room temp butter, and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Whip the aquafaba with a small whisk vigorously in a separate bowl until nice and foamy, and add to the bowl with the butter mixture along with vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add lemon zest, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the mixing bowl and gently fold to combine.
- Next, use your hands to crush frozen raspberries into small pieces and add them to the bowl. Stir again to incorporate, then transfer the dough to the fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Use a cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop to balls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, until edges are golden brown. If the cookies have spread organically, immediately use a cup or a ring mold to gently re-shape the baked cookies into more of a circle.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack, and enjoy.
Original recipe by The Fit Peach, adapted and made both vegan and gluten free with adjustments made to measurements and baking method (as necessary).
- Frozen Fruit: Frozen fruit is picked at optimal ripeness and frozen to keep the fruit ripe and fresh for months to come! I love baking with frozen fruit because it’s cheaper, and you always know it’s ripe.
- Flour: I used a gluten-free flour blend to make these lemon raspberry cookies, but feel free to substitute regular flour if you are not gluten-free. Keep in mind that making these kinds of adjustments could affect the cooking time.
- Mixins: I love these lemon raspberry cookies as is, but if you prefer to add some additional texture and flavor, you can use vegan white chocolate chips or vegan dark chocolate chips. Fold in at the very last step after the batter is combined.
- Egg Replacement: I love using aquafaba, as it has the same structure and consistency as an egg and works so well. If you don’t have this on hand, you can substitute it for a flax egg or chia egg. However, I have not tested this, so let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
- Store leftover fully-cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature.
- To freeze, let the raspberry lemon cookies cool completely. Then store in a freezer-safe, zip-top bag for up to six months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: raspberry lemon cookies, gluten free lemon cookies, vegan gluten free cookies, raspberry cookies
1 Comment on Vegan Raspberry Lemon Cookies (Gluten Free)