This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Creamy Truffle Beans (vegan, gluten free)
- high power blender
- 1/2 cup raw cashews*
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp thyme fresh
- 2 cans white beans 15 oz each, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth more as needed
- 1 tsp kosher salt more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper more to taste
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- vegan parmesan to taste
- fresh truffle shaved
- Add cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 15 minutes while you prepare your other ingredients. Once soft, blend with 3/4 cup filtered water until completely smooth.
- To a saucepan over medium heat, add neutral oil and once hot, add shallot. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, seasoning with a touch of salt and pepper, then add garlic and thyme and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add beans to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and cashew cream and let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Season with salt and pepper, then finish with truffle oil to taste.
- When ready to serve, top with vegan parmesan and fresh truffle if desired.
- To make this dish nut free, substitute raw cashews with hemp seeds or sunflower seeds.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.